Vevue was conceived by Thomas Olson as a solution to crowdsource more accurate reviews of restaurants, retail locations, and events.
Alpha 1.0 is published for Android; self-funded and built in partnership with Whizpool, a software firm based out of Islamabad.
Alpha 1.0 featured in-app video recording for peer-to-peer video sharing focused on API adaptation for crowdsourced review sites such as Yelp and Google maps.
Xiangyu Meng joins Thomas to move development forward on blockchain incentivized video.
Vevue joins the Swarm second incubation group, a collaborative effort to create a platform for decentralized organizations on the Ethereum blockchain.
Alpha 2.0 is published through self-funding and testing begins on the ability to pin ETH to the map. Development in this new space is challenging!
By the end of 2015, Swarm pivoted, yet our experience developing alongside other DApps harbored lasting relationships.
Beta 1.0 is published. A new user interface is introduced. Vevue evolves to using Utility Tokens instead of BTC to capitalize on the growing hash rate. Vevue Requests starts testing.
A continued pursuit to become a community project leads us to partner with CoMakery, a blockchain based platform for equity sharing. Tasks to help progress Vevue development are listed in exchange for project tokens.
Vevue becomes the first DApp adopted for the Qtum blockchain.
We receive our first round official investment from Qtum. In exchange for 10 million Vevue tokens, we join Qtum headquarters in Shanghai. Team expands, welcoming iOS developer, Hoaze Lee and Web Developer, Tianqi Zou.
Beta 1.1 is published for iOS. Qtum blockchain integration allows us to create Vevue token, mobile smart contracts with multifunctional options.
ICO launch with Vevue token via 3 channels:
- ICO, tokens on Qtum blockchain purchased via smart contract
- Apple Pay, in app purchase of Vevue token, limited time and quantity offered at a low price to encourage app usage. More usage will help developers find and fix bugs, create better UI, and improve overall app (Beta 1.2 release, as of January 4. 2018 ApplePay testing is closed. more info)
- CoMakery- tokens on Etherum blockchain distributed by equity sharing platform CoMakery. These tokens are for community contributions of marketing, development, or social engagement. Anyone can help the Vevue project progress. CoMakery tokens exchangeable 1:1 after ICO closes.
Post ICO Plans
- Token unification, all Vevue Tokens distributed from above mentioned channels will be distributed on the Qtum blockchain.
- We will publish our funding allocation for development and project burn rate.
- Detailed Roadmap leading into Official Launch
- CoMakery integration with Qtum blockchain
Beta 2.0 + Beyond: some developments we have planned
- Vevue Request crowdfunding - multiple users can contribute to a single request
- Airdrop Requests
- Vevue Copyright exchange - users can transfer or buy/sell rights to content
- Live Requests
- Content monetization thru paywall, ads and micro-donations